Nutella, Bananas and Raspberries are wrapped inside puff pastry, brushed with an egg wash and baked till golden brown. These Nutella Banana Raspberry Puffs are a lush breakfast or topped with ice cream a scrumptious dessert!
Sometimes you want something, but you don’t want to put in the effort. You know that’s why things like pre packaged cookie dough are so popular. And well pre packaged puff pastry as well. Let’s be honest who has the time to make home made puff pastry, I sure as hell don’t!
And the pre packed stuff is damn good!
And you can make a to die for
breakfast dessert with just a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- Frozen Puff Pastry
These are perfect for a Sunday morning treat or a weeknight dessert.
They take all of 5 minutes to make. Roll you pastry out cut the pastry into roughly 2 1/2 inch X 2 1/2 inch squares. Add a heaping teaspoon of Nutella top with bananas and raspberries. Pinch together in a square, brush with an egg wash and bake at 400F for 17-19 minutes or until golden brown.
If that isn’t simple, I don’t know what is.
And there is really nothing like warm pastry, I swear whether its on a Chicken Pot Pie or an Apple Turnover I can murder pastry. Like it’s not good. Slight obsession with the stuff.
Perfect ending to a home made Valentines Dinner!
Nutella Banana Raspberry Puffs
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry, thawed.
- 1 Banana, sliced
- 9 Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 Egg
- Optional: Serve with Vanilla Ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a cookie sheet with a silpat liner.
- Roll your puff pastry out to be a bit thinner than it comes. Cut into 2 1/2- 3 inch squares. Top with a heaping tablespoon of Nutella, add two slices of banana and one raspberry. Fold the pastry together, by bringing in each 4 sides to the center and then pinching the sides together. Set on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl crack one egg and whisk together. Using a pastry brush, brush the egg wash all over each pastry.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Optional serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutella Lava Cake
Loads of fresh lemon juice and zest make this Lemon Cheesecake irresistible. The perfect make ahead dessert.
SO… I made this Cheesecake for Easter. And my life has been all over the place since I last blogged in November (eeeeeek).
Working in the restaurant industry December is a crazy busy month, then I went on holiday to England, Amsterdam, Prague and Dublin. Then I had to get back into the swing of things at work. And then the oven nightmare began.
The oven stopped working, the lighter would not light. The oven is 1.5 years old. Basically the oven saga started in beginning of April and Sears was a PAIN in the BUTT! Sears sent us a company they hire and the guys were USELESS! We demanded a Sears rep and we got one. But each guy had a new idea of why it wasn’t working. It was fixed a total of 6 times until now they have officially decided we can get a new oven. Mind you 6 times means 12 visits. And in between the oven has worked then one day just doesn’t. Believe me when you have cracked the eggs, whisked the cream…etc and then when you turn your oven on and you can’t bake it… it is SOOO frustrating.
So we are going to look at ovens later this week and do some major research. Hopefully by the end of next week I will be living with a working oven again.
But on to what is really important here, Cheesecake. Specifically Lemon Cheesecake with or without a raspberry sauce.
This recipe calls for fresh lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon extract. If you don’t like as much lemon flavor then leave now. Just kidding 🙂 Take the lemon extract out.
Lemon is so refreshing and makes what is normally a heavy dessert, Cheesecake, taste lighter.
I adore making cheesecakes but they are a tad bit time consuming. I find it easiest to bake the cheesecake around 8pm done by 9:30/10 then let it sit in the oven for an hour or so and then wrap and chill over night.
I hope you love this as much as my family and friends did !
- 1 12 oz package Golden Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 lbs cream cheese, completely softened to room temp.
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 5 large eggs, at room temp.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan, set aside. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine Oreos and melted butter. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Add in heavy cream, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon extract- mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9 inch springform pan in a 10 inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water half way up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don't have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in fridge over night.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat cook raspberries and granulated sugar. In a small bowl mix lemon juice and cornstarch together then pour into saucepan. Mix everything together and using a masher help break raspberries up, after 5 minutes of cooking take off of heat and pour into a food processor. Process raspberries until liquid. Strain sauce into a clean bowl to chill overnight in the fridge.
- The next day take the cheesecake out of the fridge and using a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake, pour a few tablespoons or however much you like on top of each slice of cheesecake.
Raspberry Puree is swirled through a luscious lemon cheesecake all on top of a Lemon Golden Oreo Crust make this Raspberry Swirl Lemon Cheesecake irresistible.
Cheesecake is one of my favorite things to make, especially in the summer. A nice cold dessert, oh it hits the spot! Especially lemon desserts and this year I have loved the combination of Lemon & Raspberry. They just go together so well.
So Cal is in the 100’s right now, so freaking hot. But that didn’t stop me and my mom from craving a roast dinner tonight. If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen a delicious dinner.. Yorkshire puddings.. ugh so delicious. I could literally eat 10 yorkies, dipped in gravy or even plain. And then roast chicken, roast potatoes, cheesey cauliflower, brussels sprouts, carrots, mashed potatoes and TONS of gravy all over it all!
Makes me so happy.
And you can’t have a delicious dinner that is not followed by dessert. So I think you should make this one, I brought it into work and it went over very well. But cheesecake usually does, creamy dreamy deliciousness!
Raspberry Swirl Lemon Cheesecake
- 1 12 oz package Lemon Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 container Raspberries
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 16oz cream cheese, completely softened to room temp.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- Zest of two medium sized lemons
- Juice of 2 medium sized lemons about 1/3 cup
- 3 large eggs, at room temp.
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan, set aside. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine Lemon Oreos and melted butter. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In a food processor blend raspberries and sugar until mixture is in liquid form. Pour mixture through strainer to get rid of all seeds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Add in heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla beans, lemon zest and lemon juice mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan, place dollops of raspberry puree and use a knife to swirl the dollops into the cheesecake batter. Place 9 inch springform pan in a 10 inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water half way up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don't have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, until the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in fridge over night.
- The next day take the cheesecake out of the fridge and using a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake.
Moist Lemon Cake is studded with Raspberries and Covered in a Lemon Glaze
Y’all I am going to Nashville, Tennessee babbby!! Unfortunately I don’t think the locals will like when I say my favorite pick up line evvvvver… “Are you from Tennessee causse your the only teeeen I seee” Ha we use it all the time. One time my girlfriend Candra and I were out on the town and were going up to random guys saying that and then we went up to this guy and he responded, so enthusiastically bless him, “Yes, how did you know? Was it my hat that gave it away?” Poor guy didn’t realize we were joking around, we busted up laughing.
So if you are from Nashville or if you have been PLEASE tell me what are the must do/see/eats?!
Anyways on to this delicious lemon cake, that went ALLL to freaking quickly!!!
Why is lemon so tasty? Lately lemon flavor desserts have been coming in close to chocolate. That speaks volumes for a chocoholic, like me. But I fix that easily by baking this Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake and My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookiesat the same time, one bite of lemon cake then one bite of a chocolate chip cookie. Perfection.
Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake
- 1 1/2 cup ap flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (3/4 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 heaping tbsp lemon rind
- 1/2 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer combine sugar and butter for 3-4 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time. Mix in lemon rind and juice. Fold in dry mixture. Then fold in greek yogurt, then gently fold in raspberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While cake is cooling prepare lemon glaze. In a bowl combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind, and splash of milk. Drizzle on top of cake