- 325 grams (2.5 Cups)All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 4oz(1/2 Cup/ 1 Stick) Butter, browned
- 4oz (1/2 Cup/ 1 Stick) Butter, cold or room temp.
- 1oz Water
- 150 grams (3/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temp.
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 8oz Mixed Chocolate Chips/ Chunks (milk, dark or semisweet)
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch, set aside.
- In a stand mixer add the cold butter and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan add 4oz of butter, cook on medium heat mixing constantly. If you do not mix the butter can burn easily. The butter will become foamy and soon after you will smell a nutty aroma and begin to see brown flecks, that's when you know the butter is done. Then pour the butter on top of cold butter in the mixer. Let sit for 2 minutes to melt the other butter.
- Add water and both sugars and mix until combined, add egg and yolk and mix on medium for 1 minute. Add vanilla and mix for 30 more seconds. Add in flour mixture, mixing until just combined then fold in chocolate.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 Tablespoon size) scoop cookies into a plastic container or tray that you will cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 2 hours or up to 4 days, also you can chill dough then freeze for up to 1 month.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat liner, place cookies 2 inches apart, for medium sized cookies I can fit 12 on a tray. If you want very soft cookies bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies have just lightly browned on edges but still a little wet on top if you want cookies with a bit more crispy edges bake for 11-13 minutes until golden brown all over. Let cool on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer 6 QuartBuy Now →
*For mini cookies use a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop and bake for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown just around the edges.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chunk, chocolate bar cookies, dessert cookies, cookie recipe, brown butter cookies, brown butter recipes, snack, chewy cookies, chill cookie dough,