Thick & Chewy Double Chocolate cookies are filled with pecans and homemade salted caramel these Turtle Cookies are extra special!
- 1 Cup of Unsalted Butter (2 Sticks), cold
- 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, cold
- 1 tbsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 2/3 cup AP Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Milk Powder
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 2/3 cup Chopped Toasted Pecans
- 3/4 cup Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce .
- Cut the butter into small chunks and mix in a mixing bowl. Mix until butter has come together into a one piece again. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating on medium speed. Add vanilla and beat mixture for another minute. The mixture will be lumpy.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cornstarch and milk powder.
- Slowly add the dry mixture and as the dry mixture is half mixed in add the chocolate and pecans.
- Using a large cookie/ ice cream scoop the batter into balls on a parchment lined baking sheet or plastic container. Chill the cookies for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and place cookies on a silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 14-17 minutes.
- Cool cookies 5-10 minutes then drizzle homemade salted caramel sauce on top. Store in an airtight container
Keywords: chocolate caramel cookies, turtle dessert recipes