- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pecans (any nuts will work)
- milk or dark chocolate
- Heavily butter a 9 X 13 pan. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium to high heat mix together the butter, sugar, and salt. Whisk mixture occasionally until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a boil and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes. Then, whisk constantly for about 8-10 minutes. The mixture will start to turn color to a dark golden color. At this point, using an instant-read thermometer check that the toffee should be at 300F on a candy thermometer.
- Quickly pour in the toasted pecans and then pour into a prepared baking sheet. Use a metal spoon to spread the toffee mixture evenly.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes. Once you make one dent in the toffee with a knife the rest kind of cracks into chunks. Set aside.
- Heat some water in a saucepan and place a metal bowl on top of the saucepan. Place chocolate chips inside a bowl. Let sit for 3 minutes then stir. Continue to mix occasionally until chocolate melts to 100F. Take off heat and set underneath a fan for 5-10 minutes.
- While cooling line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix chocolate again and test temperature, once it reaches 90F it is ready to work with.
- I like to use my hands to dip candy. Dip toffee in candy and place on parchment paper to set.
- Now stuff your face with these amazing candies!!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: toffee, chocolate, homemade chocolate, toffee chocolate