Thick, creamy, and perfectly sweet this strawberry frosting is made with cream cheese to create a perfect tang against the sweet berry flavor.
- 1oz Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 8oz Cream Cheese softened to room temperature
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- Pinch of Salt
- 437 Grams (3 1/2 Cups) Powdered Sugar/ Confectioners Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Whole Milk or Heavy Cream
- In a blender or food processor mix the freeze-dried strawberries until a fine powder forms. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer beat the softened cream cheese and butter for 2 to 3 minutes on medium to high speed. You can also do this in a large bowl with a handheld mixer. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- When the butter and cream cheese mixture is ready sift the salt powdered sugar directly into the bowl and mix on low for one minute, then add the freeze-dried strawberry powder and heavy cream when the powder is fully combined increase the mixing speed to medium-high and let the frosting mix for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I don't like a ton of frosting so I can frost up to 18 cupcakes with this recipe.
Keywords: strawberry frosting, strawberry buttercream, strawberry icing