- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 166 grams (1 1/3 Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 100 grams (3/4 Cup) Graham Cracker Crumbs, finely crushed
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3-4 Chocolate Bars
- 7oz Marshmallow Fluff/ Creme (Not melted marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180C. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil so it overhangs on the side (this will help you pull them out after baking) lightly grease the foil with non-stick spray then set the pan aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer beat the cream together butter and sugar until light. Make sure to scrape down the bowl to ensure everything is evenly combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. I used three Cadbury Dairy Milk bars, two whole and I broke the third into pieces to cover the remaining sides. You just want to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff, I find an angled spatula works best. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff. I find the easiest way is to take a ball of dough and smash it between your hands to kind of make a flatter piece then lay each piece on top to fully cover the marshmallow.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
Recipe slightly adapted from: Love in the oven
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: s'mores recipes, chocolate marshmallow bars