- 2 Slices White Sandwich Bread or Rye Sandwich Bread
- 1oz-2oz Whipped Cream Cheese,
- 2-3 Slices Smoked Salmon- I like Scottish
- Fresh Chives, finely chopped
- Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Take two slices of white bread and spread them both with cream cheese. I like to use whipped cream cheese but you can use block cream cheese that has been softened.
- Layer the smoked salmon as thick as you like, I prefer 2-3 slices and sprinkle on salt and pepper then add chopped herbs. Use a serrated knife to cut the crusts off and slice the sandwich into three rectangles or slice the sandwich in a diagonal both ways to create 4 triangles. Serve immediately.
- If preparing ahead of time place on a sheet pan and place a damp light tea towel or cheesecloth or paper towel on top of keeping the sandwiches from drying out.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Prepare
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich, afternoon tea salmon sandwich