Rolo stuffed Carmelitas have a sweet oat base filled with chocolate, caramel, and Rolos. These bars are a perfect addition to your party, easy to serve and easily made ahead these are perfect! Crunchy, creamy and sweet.
- 6oz (3/4 cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 30 unwrapped caramels
- 6oz (3/4 cup/ 1 1/2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 150 Grams (3/4 cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 125 Grams ( 1 cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 100 Grams (1 cup) Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 15 Rolo's
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 8 X 8 pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat melt the caramels and heavy cream. Watch carefully as they can burn easily. Once melted set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix brown sugar, flour, oats, baking soda and melted butter together. Press half of mixture into pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take pan out of the oven after 10 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips and Rolo's on top of the dough. Then pour the melted caramel on top. Sprinkle rest of dough on top and bake for another 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
(PS- since I lack self-control I sped up the cooling process by sticking them in the fridge once they cooled for 45 minutes on a rack)
Keywords: party desserts, dessert bars, caramel chocolate, oat recipe, rolo dessert