Thick, chewy, and full of chocolate chunks this pumpkin blondies recipe is the perfect fall treat. Perfect for your Halloween or Thanksgiving party table.
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 150 Grams (3/4 cup) Brown Sugar
- 50 Grams (1/4 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2.5oz (1/4 cup) Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 150 Grams (1 scant Cup + 1/4 Cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 5-5.5oz Chocolate Chunks (Semi-Sweet, Milk or Chips)
- In a large pot over medium heat add the butter and whisk constantly until you have brown butter. Take it off sooner than later because the butter is going to cool inside the pan so it could cook longer and burn.
- Preheat your oven to 350AF. Then line an 8 x 8 pan with foil so that the foil overhangs on the sides. Then spray it with a nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Once the butter has cooled for 10 minutes add the sugars. Then add the pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Then whisk in the egg yolk.
- Next gently fold in the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in 4 1/2 ounces of chocolate chips or chunks and leave the remaining half to 1 ounce of chocolate to place on top of the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and top with remaining chocolate. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Mine were done at 22 minutes, check by using a toothpick inserted in you should have moist the crumbs only.
Keywords: chewy pumpkin blondies, pumpkin blondie recipe, chocolate chunk pumpkin blondies