- 150 grams (1 1/2 Cups) Oreos, crushed
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 16oz Cream Cheese, completely softened to room temp.
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- 34 grams (1/3 Cup) Unsweetend Cocoa Powder, my favorite is Bensdorp Dutch Process
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream or Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer * (If using creamer reduce peppermint extract to 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Peppermint Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- Whipped Cream (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup Ghiardhelli Peppermint Pieces or 2 Bars Hersheys Candy Cane Bar, Melted
- 3 Mini Candy Canes, crushed
- Grease an 8 or 9-inch springform pan, set aside. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine Oreos and melted butter. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl with a handheld electric mixer beat the cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 2 minutes. Use a sieve to sift cocoa powder into bowl then add sour cream, heavy cream/ creamer, and peppermint extract mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time, but do not overmix. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan.
- Place 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don't have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until the middle of the cheesecake, should jiggle just a little bit. You can use an instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature is 145F/63C. Turn oven off and prop the door open, let the cheesecake cool in oven for 1 hour. After an hour let the cheesecake rest on the counter for 1 hour then wrap with plastic wrap. Let cheesecake chill in the fridge overnight, or at least 6 hours.
- Use an angled spatula to loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan and gently remove.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate peppermint candy over cheesecake. Pipe whipped cream in dollops around edge of cheesecake and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Store in fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer 6 QuartBuy Now →
*Total Time includes Chill Time
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 55 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate peppermint recipes, cheesecake with oreo crust