Easy, quick and delicious these Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for a lunchtime treat or midnight snack. The peanut butter goes perfectly with the sweet marshmallows and crunchy rice cereal!
- 4oz (1 Stick/ 8Tbsp) Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 16oz Mini Marshmallows, divided
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Creamy Peanut Butter
- 6oz (6 Cups) Rice Krispies
- Place 10oz marshmallows in a large bowl and leave the rest in the bag. Grease a 9X13 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large pot over medium heat add your stick of butter and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently until the butter has melted. Add marshmallows and salt to butter, stirring until mostly melted. Add the peanut butter and mix until fully melted and combined.
- Add the rice cereal, mix that a few times, before it has completely combined add the remaining marshmallows.
- Continue mixing until every rice cereal is coated, you will still have chunks of marshmallows- thanks to the ones you just added. Pour into the prepared pan. And using a spatula press down evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool for an hour before cutting.
Keywords: rice krispie treats, peanut butter cereal bars, peanut butter