This easy recipe for chocolate covered peanut butter balls is a family favorite. Step-by-step photos help you learn how to make peanut butter balls. This easy no-bake candy is perfect for the holidays, birthday parties, basically any occasion!
- 8oz (1 Cup) Creamy Peanut Butter
- 20z (4 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 2oz (4 Tablespoons) Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 240 Grams (2 Cups) Confectioners/ Powdered Sugar
- 10oz Good Quality Chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- In a large bowl with an electric handheld mixer or an electric stand mixer with a paddle attachment beat the peanut butter, cream cheese, and unsalted butter together. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl down to ensure everything is evenly combined.
- Sift the powdered sugar into the bowl and gently mix (if you mix too fast you will create a powdered sugar storm and a huge mess!). The mixture will look crumbly, you don’t want to add to much sugar because you want to be able to press the peanut buter clumps togther. If it is too sticky add 1 tablespoon more powdered sugar at at time.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or wax paper and use a small cookie scoop ( I use this Cookie Scoop 0.5 Tablespoon) to make evenly sized peanut butter balls. Place each ball on the sheet, ensuring no balls are touching each other. Place tray in the fridge for 20 minutes or the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a bain-marie, double boiler, or in the microwave melt the chocolate and oil together. Make sure to not over heat the chocolate, when in doubt take it off of the heat and let the residual heat melt the rest of the chocolate. When chocolate burns there is no going back.
- Pour the chocolate into a deep bowl, this helps for easier dipping. I use this candy dipping set and use the circular one its perfect for dipping and dumping the peanut butter ball onto the sheet to dry. Place the ball into the chocolte and use the round dipper to push it around to make sure its fully coverered then scoop the ball up and tap any excess chocolate off, then flip the ball onto the wax paper/ Silpat. Repeat with all balls and use a spoon to drizle the remaining chocolate on top for a pretty design. Let the balls set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Keywords: peanut butter ball recipe, chocolate dipped peanut butter balls, buckeyes