- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and if using one line your baking sheet with a Silpat liner.
- Whisk the flour and baking soda together and set aside. To brown, the butter cooks the butter over low to medium heat. Swirl it every so often. The process will take around 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking the butter until you get a nutty aroma. The scent is nutty yet caramel-y.
- Pour the brown butter into the bowl of an electric mixer or a heatproof bowl. Mix in the last 4 tablespoons of butter. Mix until completely dissolved in the brown butter.
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined. Add in egg and egg yolk until combined about 30 seconds. Let sit for 3 minutes and mix for 30 seconds again. Repeat the process 2 more times.
- Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place dough on prepared baking sheet, I clumped my dough into 2 tbsp-ish mounds. I don't roll the cookie dough into a ball, instead, make it taller. This creates a thicker cookie
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown but still look a bit undercooked.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oat flour cookies recipe, chocolate chip cookie recipe