- 8oz (2 Sticks/ 1 Cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- 150 grams (3/4 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Large Yolk, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 375 grams (3 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 170 grams (1 Cup) Chocolate chips or chunks
- 170 grams (1 Cup) M&M's
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with handheld electric mixer beat the buter and sugars together. Add in the egg, yolk, and vanilla and mix for a couple of minutes, the mixture will lighten in color eventually.
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients then add the chocolate chips and M&M's. The dough needs to chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.* I like to scoop my cookie dough now and place it in a parchment-lined plastic container. Scoop cookie dough with a medium-size cookie scoop or into 1.5 tablespoon size balls.
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner. Place cookies the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-11 minutes, or until the cookies are just set and turning golden brown.
*If dough chills for longer than 30 minutes it will need to sit on the counter for 30 minutes before baking as they dough balls can be very cold and will not spread properly.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 11
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: m&m cookies, chewy m&m cookie, m&m cookie recipe