This easy recipe for individual sticky toffee puddings will be your new favorite to serve at your dinner party! Step-by-step photos help ensure you have success every time you make mini sticky toffee puddings!
- 8 Pitted Dates
- 5oz (1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons) Boiling Hot Water
- 1 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/2oz (3 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temp.
- 75 Grams (1/3 Cup+ 1 Tablespoon) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 63 Grams (1/2 Cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
Sticky Toffee Sauce
- 3oz (6 Tablespoons) Salted Butter
- 62 Grams (1/3 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- In a large bowl add the dates and hot water, let sit for 10 minutes. Heavily grease ramekins, I use these pudding pots. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Prepare sticky toffee sauce while dates are soaking.
- In a food processor add the dates and liquid add baking soda and pulse 8-10 times until the mixture has broken down mostly- there will still be chunks that's what you want.
- In a large bowl or bowl of your stand mixer add the softened butter and sugar, mix on medium speed for 2-4 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mixing to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, just until no large flour streaks remain. Add the date mixture with all the liquid. Place 1 1/2-2 Tablesppons toffee sauce in each prepared ramekin then place pudding batter 75-80% up to the top. Place the ramekins in a 9X13 pan and pour boiling water halfway up the sides, then cover the pan with foil. Bake for 20- 25 minutes, until the cake, is done. You can check by lightly press the cake in the center if it bounces back the cake is done, or place a toothpick in the center of the cake to check for no wet batter. Let the cakes cool on a wire rack.
Sticky Toffee Sauce
- In a large pot add the butter and brown sugar. Whisk constantly over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add one tablespoon of cream at a time. Whisk each tablespoon of cream until its fully combined then add the next.
- To serve, use an offset spatula to loosen the puddings from the pots. Then place a plate on top of the pots- the top of the plate on the top of the sticky toffee pudding and hold it together then turn it upside down so the sticky toffee pudding releases on the plate to serve. Serve the pudding with heavy pouring cream, ice cream or Bird's custard.
**Please note the process shots for this recipe where shot when I was making 8 sticky toffee puddings, but the recipe reflects 4, you can press the 2X button on the recipe card to see the recipe for 8 if you want**
Keywords: sticky toffee puddings, individual sticky toffee puddings, mini sticky toffee puddings