- 1 cup Graham Crackers, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 16oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 132 grams (2/3 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Sour Cream, at room temperature
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste or 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Zest
- 2 Large Eggs + 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line two 12 cup muffin pan with liners 15 cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl combine crushed graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar. Once evenly combined add melted butter to crumbs. Mix until a wet sand texture is formed.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of crumbs into each cavity and use the bottom of a round clean spice jar or your fingers to press the crust tightly. Bake for 4-6 minutes to set the crust. Let cool on a wire rack and reduce oven temperature to 325F/ 163C.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl with a hand-held electric mixer beat the cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium speed. It should be smooth with no lumps. Add the granulated sugar and beat for another 2 minutes at a low speed. Add the sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla, and lemon zest then mix until just combined. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is evenly combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix at a low speed until just no yolk remains. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. I use a large cookie scoop to pour the cheesecake batter into each muffin cavity.
- Place a large roasting pan or 9X13 pan with warm water on the lowest rack in your oven then place the cheesecake tray above it on the middle rack. This water bath will help keep the oven moist for a gentle bake.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, the cheesecake should look set and the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon and let the cheesecakes rest in the oven for 20 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool for another 40 minutes or so. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 4 hours. These would be great to make the night before too!
- Decorate cheesecake with a drizzle or sprinkling of the desired topping.
- For mini cupcake size cheesecakes use 1 teaspoon size for the crust, pack tightly then bake for 3-5 minutes. Then add 1 tablespoon size for the cheesecake batter. Bake for 8-10 minutes until just set then turn the oven off and prop the door open and let cool in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Then let the cheesecakes cool on a wire rack on the counter for 30 minutes then wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least three hours.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cool/ Chill Time: 5 Hours
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mini cheesecake recipe, cheesecake cups, indivudal cheesecakes