This easy recipe for lemon zucchini cake is made with simple ingredients and whipped up in a loaf pan for easy slicing! Pantry staples and step-by-step photos help you make this delicious snack perfect any time of the day!
Lemon Zucchini Cake
- 188 Grams (1 1/2 Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tablesoon +1 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Lemon Zest ( I use this microplane zester)
- 2oz (4 Tablespoons) Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Zucchni, Packed
- 124 Grams (1 Cup) Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Grated Lemon Zest
- 1oz (2 Tablespoons) Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 0.5oz (1 Tablespoon) Heavy Cream or Full Fat Milk
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar and lemon zest, really whisk the lemon zest into the sugar, this helps the natural oils and flavor of the zest meld into the sugar. Add the vegetable oil next whisking to combine. Add the eggs and mix until fully incorporated. Add the shredded zucchinni and lemon juice. Gently fold in the flour mixture, just until no flour streaks remain.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for approximately 43-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean with no wet batter. Let the cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before inverting to cool completely.
- In a small bowl mix together the powdered sugar, lemon zest, heavy cream, and lemon juice. Add more powdered sugar if you want a thicker frosting or more lemon juice if you want a thinner frosting. Spread on top of cooled cake. Store leftoveres. in an air-tight container.
Keywords: zucchini recipes, lemon cake, lemon loaf