Perfectly zingy and sweet this lemon pound cake is the perfect sweet treat, made with 8 simple ingredients. Step-by-step photos help you make this gorgeous lemon cake!
- 188 Grams (1 1/2 Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 8oz (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Lemon Zest (This is the zester I use)
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1.5oz (3 Tablespoons) Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream
- 50 Grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2oz (4 Tablespoons) Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attatchment or large bowl with handheld electric mixer combine the butter, sugar, and lemon zest for 4-5 minutes, so it's nice and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time.
- In a small bowl mix sour cream and lemon juice. Add the sour cream mixture to butter mixture, mixing to combine. The whole mixture will look curdled that is just fine. Fold in the dry mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack.As soon as the cake is baked make the glaze.
- In a small pot combine lemon juice and granulated sugar for 5 minutes, constantly whisking. Pour over just baked cake and let cool in the pan for at least 2 hours, so the lemon glaze has plenty of time to soak in. Store lemon pound cake at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords: lemon cake, lemon bread, pound cake