- 8oz (1 Cup) Butter, at room temp.
- 438-500 grams (3 1/2-4 Cups) Powdered Sugar, sifted, depending on how sweet/thick you want
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1oz (2 Tablespoons) Heavy Cream / Double Cream
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or a large bowl with a handheld mixer beat the butter for 5 full minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Sieve the powdered sugar to prevent any lumps and add half to butter. Beat for another 5 minutes then add the remaining powdered sugar and mix for 3 more minutes. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl multiple times to ensure everything is evenly combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and heavy cream and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Spread or pipe frosting. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days, let come to room temperature and mix before using.
Please read the full post above to answer lots of common questions
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buttercream frosting recipe, American style frosting, easy buttercream recipe