- 10oz Strawberries (1 1/2 Cups), diced (roughly X medium-sized strawberries)
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- Juice of half a small Lemon
- 10oz ( 1 1/4 Cups) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 3oz (1- 1 1/2 Cups) Meringue Cookies
- In a medium-sized bowl add the diced strawberries, toss them in the lemon juice and granulated sugar. Let sit for 30-40 minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or large bowl with a hand held mixer beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar for a couple of minutes until you reach soft peaks. You do not want to beat too much, we want softly whipped cream.
- Gently fold strawberries and liquid into the whipped cream then crush the meringue cookies and fold into the mixture. Serve with extra strawberries and crushed meringues.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: how to make eton mess, easy eton mess recipe, the best eton mess