A few weeks ago I made these muffins, then these. So I had the muffin itch again, I tend to get like that with baking. And I had a jar of dulce de leche starring at me so dulce de leche apple muffins were born. Moist, chock full of apples, swirled dulce de leche in the batter and a dulce de leche glaze? What more can you ask for for breakfast? Not much in my book. Okay maybe chocolate 🙂
Now as I am off to Newport Beach for the day, I really wish I had a few of these muffins for breakfast. Or maybe my bikini is happy. Beach season is here and with a cruise around the Mediterranean in a few months I best stop eating so many dulce de leche muffins for breakfast. Oh the horror.
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Moist and fluffy muffins are filled with chunks of apples and dulce de leche. After baked to golden brown and cooled the apple muffins are drizzled with more dulce de leche sauce!
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅔ milk
- ⅓ oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large apple, cut into small chunks (mine came out to 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 375F and heavily grease a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, sugar, quick oats, baking powder, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, sour cream, milk, oil, and vanilla. Slowly mix in dry ingredients, just until no flour streaks remain. Fold in apple chunks and ½ cup of dulce de leche.
- Fill muffin pans all the way to the top with batter. Sprinkle streusel on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle remaining dulce de leche on top of muffins. Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: apple and caramel muffins, dule de leche muffin recipe