A few weeks ago I made these muffins, then these. So I had the muffin itch again, I tend to get like that with baking. And I had a jar of dulce de leche starring at me so dulce de leche apple muffins were born. Moist, chock full of apples, swirled dulce de leche in the batter and a dulce de leche glaze? What more can you ask for for breakfast? Not much in my book. Okay maybe chocolate 🙂
Now as I am off to Newport Beach for the day, I really wish I had a few of these muffins for breakfast. Or maybe my bikini is happy. Beach season is here and with a cruise around the Mediterranean in a few months I best stop eating so many dulce de leche muffins for breakfast. Oh the horror.
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅔ milk
- ⅓ oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large apple, cut into small chunks (mine came out to 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 375F and heavily grease a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, sugar, quick oats, baking powder, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, sour cream, milk, oil, and vanilla. Slowly mix in dry ingredients, just until no flour streaks remain. Fold in apple chunks and ½ cup of dulce de leche.
- Fill muffin pans all the way to the top with batter. Sprinkle streusel on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle remaining dulce de leche on top of muffins. Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple and caramel muffins, dule de leche muffin recipe