A few weeks ago I made these muffins, then these. So I had the muffin itch again, I tend to get like that with baking. And I had a jar of dulce de leche starring at me so dulce de leche apple muffins were born. Moist, chock full of apples, swirled dulce de leche in the batter and a dulce de leche glaze? What more can you ask for for breakfast? Not much in my book. Okay maybe chocolate 🙂
Now as I am off to Newport Beach for the day, I really wish I had a few of these muffins for breakfast. Or maybe my bikini is happy. Beach season is here and with a cruise around the Mediterranean in a few months I best stop eating so many dulce de leche muffins for breakfast. Oh the horror.
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!
Make sure to join our Newsletter and follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter.Print
Dulce De Leche Apple Muffins
Moist and fluffy muffins are filled with chunks of apples and dulce de leche. After baked to golden brown and cooled the apple muffins are drizzled with more dulce de leche sauce!
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 20 muffins 1x
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅔ milk
- ⅓ oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large apple, cut into small chunks (mine came out to 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 375F and heavily grease a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, sugar, quick oats, baking powder, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, sour cream, milk, oil, and vanilla. Slowly mix in dry ingredients, just until no flour streaks remain. Fold in apple chunks and ½ cup of dulce de leche.
- Fill muffin pans all the way to the top with batter. Sprinkle streusel on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle remaining dulce de leche on top of muffins. Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple and caramel muffins, dule de leche muffin recipe
Miss Messy says
Oh wow these look yummy! 🙂 Anything with dulce de leche is a winner for me!
Apples and caramel (dulce de leche) are meant for each other! Great flavors packed into these lovely little muffins!
They are indeed meant for each other! Thanks for stopping by Wendy 🙂
Aimee @ ShugarySweets says
These muffins look amazing. And that caramel...perfect!
Drooling over the pics! What an awesome muffin recipe.
Thank you Natalie! 🙂
Laura Dembowski says
A cruise sounds like such a nice summer vacation! Enjoy! These muffins look great! Didn't you say you aren't typically a muffin person? You sure make the best looking and sounding muffins for not a muffin person 🙂
Thanks Laura, it's my first cruise so I am well excited! And I may be becoming a muffin person 🙂
I adore Dulce de Leche. I can eat it on its own by the spoonful!! These muffins look amazing though, apple and caramel are a perfect combination. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
These are amazing, and so easy!
Elizabeth Waterson says
Thanks so much for coming back to review the recipe, I appreciate it so much!! Take care!! XX Liz