Deliciously moist this cream cheese banana bread is full of bananas and a luscious swirl of cream cheese for an extra surprise treat! This easy quick bread recipe will be your new favorite snack!
- 4oz (1/ 2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Sour Cream/ Greek Yogurt
- 12oz (3 Medium) Very Ripe Bananas (measured without peel)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temp.
- 50 Grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg, at room emp.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter and sugars. Then add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add bananas and use a potato masher to mash them. Mix in sour cream or Greek yogurt. Gently fold in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour 2/3rds of the batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla extract. Once fully combined, whisk in the egg until fully combined. Pour on top of the banana bread layer, spreading cream cheese into an even layer.
- Using a spoon and spatula place the remaining banana bread batter on top trying to cover the cream cheese layer completely and evenly. Bake for approximately 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean with no wet batter. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before inverting to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.
Keywords: banana bread, cream cheese recipe, snack recipe