Coffee buttercream takes any dessert to the next level. Made with instant coffee granules this recipe is easy and delicious!
- 8oz (1 Cup) Butter, at room temp.
- 438-500 Grams (3 1/2-4 Cups) Powdered Sugar, sifted, depending on how sweet/thick you want
- 1 Tablespoon Instant coffee (adjust amount to your preference less or more)
- 1/2oz Hot water (more or less depending on how strong you want the coffee flavor)
- 1oz (2 Tablespoons) Heavy Cream / Double Cream
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or large bowl with a hand held mixer beat the butter for 5 full minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Sieve the powdered sugar to prevent any lumps and add half to butter. Beat for another 5 minutes then add the remaining powdered sugar and mix for 3 more minutes.
- While powdered sugar is mixing into butter, in a small bowl add instant coffee and hot water. Add the coffee mixture to frosting with heavy cream and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Spread or pipe frosting. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days, let come to room temperature and mix before using.
Keywords: coffee frosting, frosting recipe, buttercream