Delicious chocolate swirl banana bread. Made with melted chocolate this banana bread is not only gorgeous to look at, your belly will love it too!
- 4oz (1/2 heaping cup) Chocolate pieces or chips
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 150 Grams (3/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 50 Grams (1/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) All-purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 12oz (3 Medium) Bananas, smashed
- 6oz (¾ Cup) Greek yogurt or Sour Cream
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9″X5″ loaf pan. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate* pieces and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter and sugars. Once combined whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the mashed bananas and Greek yogurt/ sour cream, whisking to combine.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing to just combine. Scoop 8oz (1 Cup) of the batter into a clean bowl and gently fold in the melted chocolate.
- Place one-third of the plain banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Then scoop one-third of the chocolate banana bread batter into three spoonfuls on top of the plain batter. Use a butter knife to swirl the chocolate. Repeat two more times with remaining batter. Sprinkle chopped chocolate on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before slicing. Store in an air-tight container, on the counter or in the fridge if you are in a warm climate.
- To melt the chocolate you can either- make a bain marie- place a small pot with about an inch of water in it over low-medium heat and place a heatproof bowl with the chopped chocolate on top of the pot so it fits snug – making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Mix until melted. Or you can also microwave the chocolate at 50% power for 15-second increments until it is melted, mixing in between.
Keywords: chocolate marble banana bread, chocolate banana bread, chocolate swirl banana bread