Delicious, buttery soft Chocolate Chip Muffins are topped with a sprinkling of demerara sugar and extra chocolate chips. This easy muffin recipe is the perfect special occasion breakfast! Step-by-step photos ensure you bake the best muffins!
- 3oz (6 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1oz (2 Tablespoons) Vegetable Oil
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 156 Grams (1 1/2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 4oz (½ Cup) Buttermilk
- 150 Grams (1 Cup) Chocolate Chips/ Chunks
- 3 Tablespoons Demera/ Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425F/218C and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, vegetable oil, and granulated sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract whisking to combine. Whisk in the buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gently folding. Do not over mix.
- Using a large scoop divide the batter between 7-8 cups. Sprinkle demerara sugar on top and extra chocolate chips, if desired. Bake for five minutes then reduce the temperature to 350F/180C and bake for an additional 10 to 13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, and the muffin tops bounce back if you gently press them.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack. Store in an air-tight container.
Keywords: chocolat chip muffin recipe, easy chocolate chip muffins, how to make chocolate chip muffins