- 1 Tablespoons Olive or Avocado Oil
- 1lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Medium Red Pepper, diced
- 8oz Water Chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1 Tablespoons Sriracha, optional
- 2-3 Green Onions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Peanuts
- 1 Head of Butter Lettuce
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the oil to warm, add the chicken and cook until just browned. Add the diced onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes, until the onion softens and becomes translucent. Add the red pepper and cook for another 3 minutes, making sure to stir everything together.
- Mix together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, and sriracha, then set aside.
- Add the sauce and water chestnuts to the chicken mixture and let cook together for 5 minutes or so, stirring so everything is evenly coated in the sauce. Add half of the green onions.
- Serve a small-medium scoop inside each butter lettuce cup and sprinkle with remaining onions and crushed peanuts. Store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days, keep lettuce separate.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: easy chicken lettuce cups, how to make chicken lettuce wraps