- 12oz Golden Oreos, completely crushed into a crumb
- 3 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 32oz Cream Cheese, very soft at room temp.
- 300 grams (1 1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Paste
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Caramel (Homemade recipe or store-bought)
- 4 Large Eggs + 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 Medium Granny Smith Apples. peeled and diced into 1/4"-1/2" chunks
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5oz (3 Tablespoons) Caramel Sauce
- 2 1/2 Medium Granny Smith Apples, peeled and sliced into 1/2" thick slices
- 1.5 Tablespoons Butter
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Caramel Sauce
- Extra Caramel for drizzling
- Optional: Homemade Recipe or Store-bought Whipped Cream
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan, set aside. Preheat oven to 350F/180C. In a food processor, crush the Oreos until they become a fine crumb. Add melted butter, stirring until fully combined. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Bake the crust for 5 minutes to set it. Set the crust aside while you prepare the filling.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on low to medium speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another minute or two, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the sour cream, salted caramel, and vanilla bean paste mixing until just combined, scraping the sides to make sure fully incorporated. Add in eggs one at a time, add the additional yolk with the first egg. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps.
- In a large bowl add chopped apples and toss in the flour. Once mixed in the flour evenly drizzle the caramel in and mix until evenly combined. Gently place the apples in an even layer on top of the crust. Pour the cheesecake on top of the apples. Place the 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don't have to wrap everything with foil. You can of course wrap the cheesecake pan in heavy-duty foil to prevent water seeping in as well.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. You can use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature has reached 150F-155F or 65C-68C. Turn the oven off and let cool in the oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and let finish cooling on the counter for an hour. Finally, wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge overnight or at least 6 hours.
- In a medium saucepan over low-medium heat add the apples and butter. Saute for 3-4 minutes, when the apples have started to slightly soften add the caramel and cook for a few more minutes, you want the apples to soften but not be mushy.
- Once the apples are softened pour the apples and caramel into a bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before topping on the chilled cheesecake.
- Gently place the apples in an even layer on top of the cheesecake, just before serving drizzle more caramel on top if desired. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer 6 QuartBuy Now →
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel apple cheesecake, apple cheesecake recipe, salted caramel apple cheesecake