- 11oz White Chocolate, finely chopped or chips
- 1700 grams (4 1/2 Cups) Rice Chex Cereal
- 30 grams (1/4 Cup) Confectioner's Sugar
- 130 grams (1 Cup) Yellow Cake Mix
- 85 grams (1/2 Cup) Sprinkles
- If you are concerned about consuming raw flour from the cake mix, you can heat treat it. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and sprinkle the cake mix into an even layer on a sheet pan. When the oven is preheated bake the mixture for 5 minutes to heat treat it, this prevents any potential bacteria from forming. Let the cake mix cool completely before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
- Melt the white chocolate. Keep in mind white chocolate is very temperamental and burns easily so take your time doing this. You can add the finely chopped chocolate or the white chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on 50% power for 15-second increments, mixing in between. Once the chocolate is almost completely melted take it out and just keep stirring the residual heat will melt the rest of the chocolate. Alternatively, you can also melt the chocolate over a bain-marie.
- In a large bowl add the Chex mix and pour the melted chocolate and mix gently so each piece of cereal is coated in the chocolate.
- I like to use a large food container with a lid or you can use a large ziplock bag. Add the confectioner's sugar, yellow cake mix, and sprinkles and mix to combine.
- Add the white chocolate Chex mix to the powdered mixture and put the lid on and mix to combine. Empty onto a lined baking sheet to cool and set up for about 30 minutes. Store in an air-tight container.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Set Up Time: 30 Mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cake batter muddy buddies, cake batter puppy chow recipe