- 30 Oreo Cookies, finely ground
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 8oz (1 cup) Guinness Stout, cooked down to 4oz (1/2 cup)
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Whole Milk
- 6oz (3/4 cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (Dutch-process or Natural)
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2oz (1/3 Cup) Good Quality Dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 8oz (1 cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur
- 4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- Good Quality Chocolate Bar OR
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Salted Caramel Sauce (Homemade or Store Bought)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Combine crushed Oreos and melted butter. Press into the tart pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool on a wire rack as preparing the filling.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together the reduced Guinness, milk, cream, Dorda Liqueur, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and cornstarch. Whisk until full combined then place over medium-low heat. Bring to a boil then let simmer whisking constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in the chopped chocolate and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Pour on top of Oreo crust. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the filling to prevent a skin from forming. Chill for 3 hours to set the chocolate filling.
Boozy Whipped Cream
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or large bowl with a handheld whisk combine heavy whipping cream, Dorda Liqueur, and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread on top of the chilled tart and use a Microplane zester to grate chocolate on top or drizzle with salted caramel sauce. Store in the fridge for up to three days.
Recipe Adapted from Epicurious
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: alcohol dessert recipes, chocolate and caramel tart