- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Ripe Banana, mashed
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Melted Butter
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 50 grams ( 1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 188 grams (1 1/2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 120 grams (3/4 Cup) Chocolate Chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl with a whisk mix together mashed banana, melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cornstarch.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Place dough covered in the fridge while you turn your oven on to preheat to 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with a Silpat line or parchment paper.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion 1.5 tablespoons of dough balls. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until just set and lightly golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days, note the cookies will soften the longer they sit.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana cookies, banana chocolate chip cookies, banana bread cookies