- 1 Recipe Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- 4oz (1/2 Cup/1 Stick) Butter, at room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar/ Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Almond Extract
- 125 grams (1 1/3 Cups) Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Raspberry Jam
- 50 grams (1/2 Cup) Sliced Almonds
- Prepare the sweet shortcrust pastry up until baking. This is the tart pan I use it is 9.5 inch X 1 inch. Cover with parchment paper or a light greased piece of foil and fill with pie weights to blind bake it halfway. Bake at 375F/191C for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking in a large bowl with a handheld mixer or a bowl of a stand mixer add the softened butter and granulated sugar. Beat on high until very light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well in between add the vanilla extract and almond extract. Gently fold in the almond flour and all-purpose flour, mixing until just combined.
- When the shortbread crust has baked for 20 minutes take it out of the oven and gently remove foil and pie weights. Add the raspberry jam and use an offset spatula to gently spread the jam into an even layer. Gently and evenly pour the frangipane feeling on top of the jam and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake for another 22 to 26 minutes, or until golden brown. Let the tart cool on a wire rack for at least 45 minutes for taking out the tin. Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream and save leftovers in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 46
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: British tart, frangipane, raspberry and almond