- 8oz (1 Cup/ 2 Sticks) Salted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Baileys Irish Cream Liquor
- 333 grams (2 2/3 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 50 grams (1/2 Cup) Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Instant Coffee Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 170 grams (1 Cup) White Chocolate Chips
- 85 grams (1/2 Cup) Milk Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer cream the butter and sugars for a minute or two, until light and fluffy. Scape down the sides of the bowl then mix in the eggs, and vanilla, mix until no trace of the egg is left behind. Add in Bailey's one tablespoon at a time, you want the liquid to be incorporated before adding another tablespoon.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking soda and powder, and salt and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients until just combined then fold in chocolate chips. I prefer to scoop the dough at this point but you could just cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill. I like to line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and scoop balls of dough with a medium cookie scoop, the dough will be very wet and sticky at this point I will re roll them into prettier circle balls before baking. Then cover the tray with plastic wrap and chill the dough for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C when ready to bake. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or clean parchment paper and place cookie dough balls two inches apart and bake for 9-11 minutes, the cookies should not look wet. Let cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days!
Recipe Slightly Adapted From: How Sweet Eats.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: boozy cookies, baileys dessert recipes