Deliciously moist cupcakes filled with chunks of apple and topped with a maple cream cheese frosting! These Apple Cupcakes with a Maple Cream Cheese Frosting are the perfect fall dessert!
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, at room temp.
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 oz applesauce
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened at room temp.
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp maple extract
- 2 1/2–3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and line cupcake sheet with liners.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, applesauce and greek yogurt. Mix until fully combined. Slowly mix in dry ingredients, fold in apples.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until set and no wet batter comes out on a toothpick. Let cool completely before frosting.
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese for 3-4 minutes. Add in butter and mix for another minute. Add maple extract and powdered sugar. Mix until combined. Pipe on to frosting.
Keywords: cupcakes, maple apple, cream cheese frosting, fruit cake, baked apples, maple frosting