White Chocolate Creme Brûlée is a gorgeous, simple and quick dessert that will wow you and your guests, make it the day before for an even easier dinner party!
- 5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 7 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Blow Torch
- Preheat oven to 325F and get a large roasting pan and 8 ramekins out and ready to use.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat mix the heavy cream, vanilla bean scrapes, actual vanilla pod and white chocolate chips. Let cook until boiling, then remove from heat. Remove vanilla bean pod and set saucepan aside.
- Place vanilla bean pod in a plastic bag and fill with sugar to make vanilla sugar for the tops of the creme brulee, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine sugar and egg yolks. Beat on high until they start to turn a paler yellow color. Then, slowly add the cream in small increments continually stirring. Once fully incorporated pour cream evenly into ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a large roasting pan and then fill the pan with water until about halfway up the ramekins. Bake for 40-50 minutes, you want the middle to be set but still have a little give, not super giggly. Take the ramekins out of the water bath and let cool for 20 minutes then refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 4 days.
- Right before serving sprinkle 2 tsp of the vanilla sugar on top of each creme brûlée and using a kitchen torch burn the sugar.
You can easily use more shallow ramekins, making more servings.
Keywords: vanilla bean, cream brulee recipe, dessert, make ahead dessert, creme brulee recipe