- 1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 40 grams (1/4 Cup) Finely Chopped Pecans
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- 16oz Cream Cheese, at room temp
- 132 grams (2/3 cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (0.5oz) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons (1oz) Sour Cream
- 2 Large Eggs + 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 3oz (1/3 Cup) Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce or Store-bought caramel sauce
- 90 grams (1/2 Cup) Mini Chocolate Chips
- 3oz Dark Chocolate Finely Chopped
- 2oz Heavy Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Roasted Chopped Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325F/163C and line a 9-inch square pan with foil and grease it heavily, including up the sides.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and chopped pecans. Add the melted butter and mix until all crumbs are moistened and it resembles a wet sand texture. Once combined press into the prepared pan, use the bottom of a cup to help tightly pack the crust.
- Bake crust for 5-10 minutes, until lightly golden then let cool while you make the filling.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer beat the cream cheese for two minutes on low speed. Add the sugar and mix for another minute, make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl so all is incorporated evenly. Add the sour cream, caramel sauce, and vanilla, mix for another 30 seconds or so then add the eggs, one at a time, but do not over mix after they are added. Gently fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour on top of the prepared crust. Place the cheesecake pan on a deep baking tray to create a water bath. Place the tray on the oven rack then add hot water to the pan to create a steam bath. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center stops jiggling a lot. You can use a digital internal thermometer to check the cheesecake has reached an internal temperature of 140F/145F.
- Open the oven door and let the bars cool inside for 30 minutes. Then set the pan on a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes at room temperature. Finally, cover the bars in plastic wrap, then place in the fridge to chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a medium bowl add chopped chocolate and set aside. In a small saucepan add cream and cook until just boiled. Pour directly over chocolate, and let sit for 3 minutes. Then using a whisk, mix the chocolate and cream until a silky texture. Drizzle the ganache over the chilled cheesecake, then drizzle caramel sauce on top and finally sprinkle the chopped pecans on top. Store the leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 20
- Chill Time: 5 Hours
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate turtle cheesecake bars, chocolate caramel pecan cheesecake bars,