Step-by-step photos teach you how to bake this triple chocolate cookie recipe. A rich chocolate cookie dough is filled with white chocolate, dark chocolate, and milk chocolate chips. A chocolate lovers dream cookie!
- 187 Grams (1 1/2 Cups) Unbleached All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 50 Grams (1/2 Cup) Dutch-process Cocoa Powder
- 3.4oz Box Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 7oz (14 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 150 Grams (3/4 Cup) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 240 Grams (1 1/2 Cups) Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks ( I use a selection of dark, milk, and white)
- Pour the melted butter into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a heatproof bowl with a handheld electric mixer. Add in the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix until fully combined and continue to beat for 2 minutes at low-medium speed. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla mix for 3 minutes, do not skip this step, you will notice the color of the mixture will lighten quite a lot by the end of the mixing. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is evenly combined.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and pudding mix together and set aside. I like to sift the cocoa powder in to prevent any lumps in the dough.
- Mix in the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until almost fully combined then add chocolate chips and continue folding the batter until all combined. Don't overmix.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to roll out the cookie dough balls and place on a flat sheet/ plate with parchment in between layers then cover with plastic wrap OR scoop out into a parchment paper or wax paper-lined plastic container and chill for at 30 minutes or up to two days. If you chill for longer than thirty minutes let the cookie dough sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before baking, you may want to gently press them down as well before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with a Silpat liner, if using. Place cookie dough balls at least two inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the dough is set and the dough doesn't look wet, I take the cookies out when the dough only has the slightest sheen to it, as the cookies will finish baking on the tray as you set them to cool. Let cool on the tray on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes then transfer to cool directly on the wire rack. Cook longer if you like a more crunchy cookie, store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
*If your cookies are not spreading properly when you take the tray out of the oven bang it on the counter or floor to encourage the cookies to spread.
Keywords: triple chocolate cookie recipe, chocolate cookie recipe, the best chocolate cookies