- 30 Toothpicks
- 30 Grape/ Cherry Tomatoes
- 30 Small Leaves of Fresh Basil (tear large ones in half or thirds)
- 30 Mini Mozzarella Balls
- Balsamic Glaze, store-bought or homemade
- Salt & Pepper
- First soak your toothpicks in a bowl of lukewarm water for 30 minutes -1 hour. (This helps prevent the toothpicks from splitting)
- Next just press one toothpick into one grape tomato, one fresh basil leaf, and one mozzarella ball. Place on a serving platter.
- Once you are finished sprinkle some salt and pepper on top and drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
You can prepare these one day ahead of time except for the glaze. Drizzle the balsamic glaze just before serving. Keep the skewers covered in plastic wrap in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Italian appetizer recipe, mozzarella appetizer