Six ingredients are all you need to make this sun-dried tomato pesto recipe. Full of rich flavor this is perfect spread on a crostini, mixed into pasta, on top of eggs and more.
- 3.5oz Sundried Tomato (I used a combo of dry and jarred in oil - drained)
- 1oz Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 2oz Fresh Basil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2oz Walnuts
- 5-6oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a food processor add the basil leaves, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic cloves, parmesan cheese, and walnuts.
- Then blend everything together for about a minute. Scrape the sides down, place the lid back on the food processor and slowly add the olive oil, you will need somewhere between 5-6oz- drizzle the EVOO in slowly. The mixture will come together into a thick sauce.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or pour into ice cube mold/ freezable container and freeze for up to 1 month.
*Walnuts produce a chunkier/ thicker pesto sauce opposed to pine nuts. If you want a smoother sauce go with pine nuts.
Keywords: easy sun-dried tomato pesto, sundried tomato pesto recipe, the best sun-dried tomato recipe