Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with a chocolate cookie dough base, filled with lots of chocolate and a sprinkling of sea salt to finish the cookie off!! Step-by-step photos help you bake this cookie recipe.
- 8oz (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened to room tempearture
- 150 grams (3/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 2/3 cup AP Flour
- 65 grams (1/2 Cup) Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 255 grams (1 1/2 Cups) Chocolate, chopped or chips
- Fleur De Sel Sea Salt for Sprinkling
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy and the color has lightened. About 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch.
- When the butter/sugar mixture has lightened add the eggs one at a time beating on medium speed. Add vanilla and beat mixture for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the dry mixture and as the dry mixture is half mixed in add the chocolate.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the batter into 2 tablespoon size balls on a parchment lined baking sheet or plastic container. Once you have scooped the cookies sprinkle sea salt on top and lightly press into the dough, cover the dough. Chill the cookies for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and place cookies on a Silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Sprinkle more sea salt on top if desired. Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Keywords: sweet and salty cookies, chilled chocolate cookie dough, chocolate sea salt recipes