Buttery Shortbread Crust, topped with Salted Caramel, finished with chocolate and sprinkle of sea salt, this Salted Millionaire’s Shortbread Recipe is the Best!
- 6.25oz (1 1/2 Scant Cup) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1.75oz (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 4oz (8 Tbsp/ 1 Stick) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 7oz ( 1 Scant Cup) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3.5oz (1/2 Cup) Brown sugar
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Heavy Cream
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Light Corn Syrup
- 2oz (4 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 5.5oz (1 Scant Cup) Semi-Sweet Chocolate (4 oz chopped fine, 1.5 oz grated)
- Sea Salt for sprinkling on top of bars
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9″ pan with foil so the foil overhangs.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the melted butter and stir gently until fully combined, the crumbs will be moist. Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Use your clean hand to press dough down to create an even layer, then use a fork to prick the dough every inch.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-23 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Let pan cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- In a large heavy bottom pan add the sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, heavy cream, corn syrup, and unsalted butter. Over medium heat stir often until mixture register to 236F/113C to 240F/115C degrees*(see note). This will take about 15- 20 minutes of stirring.
- Once the temperature is reached take the pot off the heat. Carefully pour the caramel over the shortbread crust and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Using a double boiler or microwave melt the first 4 oz of chocolate being careful not to burn, then add the grated chocolate to the melted chocolate. Mixing until everything is melted.
- Spread chocolate over the caramel layer and sprinkle with sea salt. Place the pan in the fridge for 1t minutes and then let set on the counter for an hour to set completely. Cut into bars and store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
*I highly suggest using an instant-read thermometer to ensure success my favorite is my Thermapen Mk4
Keywords: twix recipe, british recipes, millionaires shortbread