This easy recipe for rhubarb muffins shows step-by-step photos so you can make these moist and buttery muffins for your family and friends! Made with orange zest, these tart rhubarb muffins are a nice change from your typical berry muffins!
- 3oz (6 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1oz (2 Tablespoons) Vegetable Oil
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 156 Grams (1 ¼ Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 4oz (½ Cup) Buttermilk
- 6oz (1 Cup) Rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch size pieces (fresh or frozen- if frozen not thawed)
- 3 Tablespoons Demera/ Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425F/218C and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, vegetable oil, and granulated sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract whisking to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add half of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients gently folding, then add half of the buttermilk whisking to combine. Add remaining flour mixture and finish with buttermilk, Do not over mix. Gently fold the rhubarb into the batter.
- Using a large scoop divide the batter between 8 cups. Sprinkle demerara sugar on top. Bake for eight minutes then reduce the temperature to 350F/180C and bake for an additional 7 to 11 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack.
Keywords: rhubarb muffins, rhubarb baking, rhubarb desserts