Gorgeous and moist pumpkin muffins are topped with a brown sugar and oat streusel and finished with a maple glaze. These Pumpkin muffins encompass all your fall muffin dreams in one!
- 150 Grams (3/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 50 Grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 14oz Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour / Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 94 Grams (3/4 Cup) All-Purpose Flour / Plain Flour
- 50 Grams (1/4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 25 Grams (1/4 Cup) Old-fashioned or Quick Oats
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2.5oz (5 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 140 Grams (1 Heaping Cup) Sifted Confectioners Sugar/ Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Maple Extract
- 1 -2 Tablespoons Cream or Milk
- Preheat oven to 415F/213C and either line a cupcake pan with liners or grease the muffin pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with a whisk or handheld electric mixer combine sugars, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, and vegetable oil until fully combined, Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Place a sieve over the bowl of wet ingredients and add all of the dry ingredients then sift in and gently fold with a spatula. Be careful not to overmix the batter!
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop batter evenly into the muffin pan, don't be afraid to fill them to the top.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, brown sugar, butter, oats, and pumpkin pie spice. Rub in the butter until you get thick clumps, you don't want to completely rub the butter in so it disintegrates.
- Sprinkle streusel heavily over muffin batter and bake muffins for 5 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 350F/180C, but do not open the oven door, bake for an additional 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Place muffin tin on a wire rack to cool for at least 30 minutes before starting the glaze.
- In a small bowl mix together powdered sugar, maple syrup, maple extract, and milk. If too thin add a tsp of milk at a time to reach the desired consistency.
- Lay a dishtowel down and place a wire rack on top of a towel. Place muffins on the wire rack and drizzle with maple glaze. Easily remove dishtowel to throw in the wash for easy cleanup! Store any leftovers in an air-tight container. Muffins are best served the day they are made, but will last for up to 3 days.
Keywords: easy pumpkin muffin recipe, pumpkin streusel muffins, how to make pumpkin muffins