Gorgeous and moist pumpkin muffins are topped with a brown sugar and oat streusel and finished with a maple glaze. These Pumpkin muffins encompass all your fall muffin dreams in one!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 14oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 tbsp butter, at room temp.
- 1/4 cup oats
- Pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- 1 heaping cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a muffin/cupcake pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine sugars, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla and vegetable oil until fully combined, Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Scoop batter evenly into muffin pan, don’t be afraid to fill them to the top.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, brown sugar, butter, oats, a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Sprinkle heavily over muffin batter and bake muffins for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In a small bowl mix together powdered sugar, maple syrup, maple extract and hot water. If too thin add a tsp of water at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Lay a dishtowel down and place a wire rack on top of a towel. Place muffins on the wire rack and drizzle with maple glaze. Easily remove dishtowel to throw in wash for an easy cleanup!
Keywords: pumpkin recipes, fall muffin recipe