Rich, moist pumpkin muffins are filled with a cheesecake mixture and topped with pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds. Forget Starbucks Muffins, this is the only pumpkin muffin you will need this fall!
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Dark Brown Sugar
- 50 Grams (1/4 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 15oz Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 8oz cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temp.
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds (Found mine at Trader Joe’s)
- Preheat oven to 400F/204C and grease a regular sized muffin pan and mini size muffin pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside,
- In a large bowl combine the sugars, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla extract and vegetable oil. Mix until fully combined. Slowly fold in the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin pan, making sure to fill 3/4 of the way.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and egg and beat until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into a piping bag or into a ziplock bag and snip the corner off.
- Stick the tip of the piping bag into the center of the muffin and squeeze for a few seconds.
- Top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake at 400F/204C for 5 minutes then reduce temperature to 350F/180C and bake for an additional 13-15 minutes for the mini muffins and 22-25 minutes for the regular sized muffins. Let cool in tray for 5 minutes then flip on to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: pumpkin muffin recipe, cheesecake stuffed muffins, cheesecake filled muffins