- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 grams(1 1/4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 grams (3/4 cups) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder (affiliate link)
- 3oz (scant 1/3 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 grams (scant 1/2 cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 2oz Chocolate (chips, chunks, or bars chopped)
- 4oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temp.
- 50 grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 of 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line an 8" square pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar, and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together, the mixture will look weird and not liquidy enough, that is fine. Then add the oil and vanilla extract. Cook on low an additional minute and mix to combine everything.
- Take off of the heat, let sit for 5 minutes then add the egg and egg yolk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch, and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined, just before there are no flour streaks. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan and make the cheesecake batter.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the cream cheese and sugar on low speed for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth. Scrape down the bowl and add the egg and vanilla extract, mix for another minute on low speed, you want there to be no trace of egg yolk.
- Take 2/3rds of the cheesecake batter and dollop it on top of the brownie batter. To the remaining cheesecake batter mix in the pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice then dollop on top of the brownie batter in between the cheesecake dollops. Finally, add the remaining brownie batter in dollops on top.
- Bake 33-38minutes. Don’t overbake the brownies. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.
- Store in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Freezing: Once the brownies have cooled completely place them in an air-tight freezer-safe container.To thaw the brownies let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or so, or place in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin cheesecake brownies, pumpkin brownies, pumpkin cream cheese brownies