Chewy chocolate chunk blondies are made with a nutty browned butter, filled with salty pretzels and a sprinkling of sea salt. This sweet and salty blondie dessert bar will be your new favorite treat. Whipped up and baked and in your mouth, in less than 45 minutes you will love these Pretzel Chocolate Chunk Brown Butter Blondies.
- 5oz (10 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- 125 Grams (1 Cup) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 160 Grams (1 Cup) Chocolate Chunks or Chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line an 8-inch square or 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, if using foil make sure to spray with non-stick spray then set the pan aside.
- Over low-medium heat brown the butter. Check out this post for an in-depth look at browning butter. You will start to smell a nutty aroma and the butter will become a golden brown color. Turn off and pour into a heatproof bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla to the butter and mix until fully combined. Mix in the egg, make sure there is no trace of egg yolk left behind. Add flour, baking soda and salt, and gently mix until no flour streaks remain. Fold in chocolate chunks and pretzels. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Keywords: sweet and salty blondies, chocolate and pretzel cookies, brown butter blondie recipe