Homemade Chocolate Brownies are stuffed with Peppermint Patty's for a sweet minty treat! These Peppermint Patty Brownies Recipes will be the hit for your next party!
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 Grams(1 1/4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams (Scant Cup) Dutch-process Cocoa Powder, Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder is my favorite
- 3oz (scant 1/3 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams (scant 1/2 cup) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 16 Peppermint Patty's
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9 or 8X8 square pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar, and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together. Then add the oil and whisk to combine, the oil might not fully incorporate that is fine.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and whisk to combine, at this point you should have one homogenous batter with no traces of egg or oil separation.
- Add the baking powder, salt, cornstarch, and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined, just until no flour streaks remain. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour 1/2-2/3rds of the batter into the prepared pan, then top with 16 Peppermint Patty's in 4 rows and 4 columns, carefully pour the remaining batter over the chocolate candies trying to pour into an even layer using an angled spatula to gently spread the batter into an even layer to cover the candies completely.
- Bake the brownies for 25-35 minutes. Everyone’s oven is different, for me, the brownies always bake within 29-31 minutes, but I would start checking at 25 minutes for your oven. Don't overbake the brownies. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting. Store in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Keywords: peppermint patty brownies, peppermint brownie recipe, peppermint pattie brownie