Pecan pie cheesecake is deliciously spiced brown sugar cheesecake baked to perfection, then topped with a glorious caramel pecan topping. Reminiscent of pecan pie this dessert is the perfect autumn treat! Step-by-step photos help you bake this recipe!
- 85 Grams (1 Cup) Graham Crackers, finely crushed
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Pecans, unsalted and roasted
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- 2oz (4 Tablespoons) Butter, melted
- 16oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temp.
- 50 Grams (1 /4 Cup) Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- 150 Grams (3 /4 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Sour Cream/ Greek Yogurt
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs + 1 Large Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 1/2 Recipe Stabilized Whipped Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 62 Grams (1/3 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Whole Unsalted Roasted Pecans
- Grease a 6-inch springform pan set aside. Preheat oven to 325F/163C.
- In a food processor, crush the roasted Pecans until they become a fine crumb. In a large bowl mix together the pecan crumbs, graham cracker crumbbs, and sugar. Add melted butter, stirring until fully combined. Press into bottom and up the upsides of prepared pan. Place in oven to bake for 5-8 minutes, until just set. Let cool on a wire rack while you make the filling.
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese, both sugars, and ground cinnamon for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla extract, mixing until fully combined. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl so everything is combined.
- Add in eggs and egg yolk, mix until just combined. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place the 6-inch springform pan in a 9-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan (affiliate link) and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Prepare whipped cream up to 1 day before piping on the cheesecake.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot over low medium heat add the butter, salt, and brown sugar. Mixing until all melted and evenly combined. Slowly add the heavy cream, one teaspoon at a time, whisking to evenly combine. You must take your time with this so the cream can blend with the caramel.
- Once combined add the ground cinnamon and vanilla extract. Add in roasted pecans and gently stir to evenly coat.
- Pour the pecan sauce on top of the chilled cheesecake and add whipped cream. The caramel sauce will harden if left in the fridge so ideally pour this on just before serving the cheesecake. The pecan caramel sauce can be made up to 1 hour ahead of time and kept at room temperature. Store all leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days, the caramel pecan sauce will harden and make it harder to slice but still taste great!
Keywords: pecan pie cheesecake, pecan cheesecake recipe, thanksgiving cheesecake