Step-by-step photos teach you how to bake this pecan pie brownie recipe! Perfectly thick and chewy brownies are filled with pecans and chocolate chips then topped with a gorgeous layer of pecan pie filling. You will swoon for these autumn brownies.
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 Grams(1 1/4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams (Scant Cup) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 3oz (scant 1/3 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams (scant 1/2 cup) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 4oz Chocolate (chips, chunks, or bars chopped)
Pecan Pie Topping
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- Splash of Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Pecan Halves
- 55 Grams (1/3 Cup) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a 9X9 or 8X8 square pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar, and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together, the mixture will look weird and not liquidy enough, that is fine. Then add the oil and vanilla extract. Cook on low an additional minute and mix to combine everything.
- Take off of the heat, let sit for 5 minutes then add the egg and egg yolk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch, and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined, just before there are no flour streaks add your chocolate chunks/ chips. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour into prepared pan and set aside while you make the topping.
Pecan Pie Topping
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, brown sugar, corn syrup, bourbon, butter, vanilla, and salt. Once fully combined fold in the chocolate chips and pecans, ensuring they are evenly coated. Gently and slowly pour the pecan pie topping on top of the brownie batter. You want the whole top to be covered, you can add extra pecans and chocolate chips for aesthetics.
- Bake 25-35 minutes. Everyone’s oven is different, for me, the brownies always bake within 29-31 minutes, but I would start checking at 25 minutes for your oven. Don't overbake the brownies. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry but the filling should be set. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting. Store in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
- Pecan Pie Topping Recipe Adapted from Well Seasoned Studio
Keywords: pecan pie brownie recipe, pecan brownies,