- 375 grams (3 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 8oz (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 350 grams (1 3/4 Cups) Granulated Sugar
- 4oz (1 Cup) Sour Cream, at room temperature
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 315 grams (2 Medium-Large) Pears, chopped into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 10-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In another large bowl whisk together the melted butter, vegetable oil, sugars, sour cream, and eggs. Make sure to whisk until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and pears to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, over mixing can create a tough cake.
- Pour the pear cake batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Depending on the shape of your bundt pan your cake may be wider or taller, a wider cake pan will bake quicker than a taller bundt pan. Let cool in cake pan for 10 minutes then invert into a wire rack. Serve with a dusting of confectioner's sugar if desired.
Freezing: You can totally freeze the pear bundt cake. To freeze the cake let it cool completely then wrap in plastic wrap, tightly, then wrap it again. This helps avoid any freezer burn. Let the cake thaw on the counter overnight. You can also freeze individual slices of cake the same way. Wrap in plastic wrap tightly, twice, then store in a freezer-safe container like a plastic bag. To thaw let a slice sit on the counter at room temperature for a couple of hours.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy pear cake, pear cake recipe