Thick, Chewy, Crinkly & Shiny Top and chock a block full of peanut butter cups these brownies are the best. Easily made ahead and doubled to serve a crowd, these peanut butter cup brownies are perfect! This easy peanut butter brownie recipe is made in only one dish, fewer dishes the better!
- 20 Small Peanut Butter Cups, cut in half
- 2oz Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 Grams(1 1/4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams (3/4 cups) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 3oz (scant 1/3 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams (scant 1/2 cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 2oz Chocolate (chips, chunks, or bars chopped)
- Chop peanut butter cups in half and place in freezer while preparing the brownies.
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a 9X9 or 8X8 square pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together, the mixture will look weird and not liquidy enough, that is fine. Then add the oil and vanilla extract. Cook on low an additional minute and mix to combine everything.
- Take off of heat, let sit for 5 minutes then add the egg and egg yolk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined, just before there are no flour streaks add your chocolate chunks/ chips then 3/4 of the peanut butter cups. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour into prepared pan and top with remaining peanut butter cups and bake 25-35 minutes. Everyone’s oven is different, for me, the brownies always bake within 29-31 minutes, but I would start checking at 25 minutes for your oven. Don't overbake the brownies. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting. Cut in half then each piece in half and then place back together rotate and cut in half again and the remaining two halves in half to create 16 equal bars.
- Store in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Keywords: peanut butter brownies, easy pb cup brownie recipe, the best peanut butter brownies